Technical Director – Mechanical Building Services Job, London
Technical Director – Mechanical
Building Services Design
Excellent opportunity for a Mechanically Biased Technical Director (Building Services Design) to join a large & expanding MEP Design team that focus on data centre and critical systems projects in the UK and overseas for blue chip clients.
Do not hesitate to apply if you are worried about job security. The company concerned have recruited over 75 new employees throughout the pandemic, due to the sheer volume of work they have within the UK and internationally.
The company are an International MEP Consultancy with offices throughout the UK, Middle East & Asia. I have recruited for this excellent International MEP Consultant for over 10 years across the globe, placing a number of engineers at all levels and cannot recommend them any higher. Not only do they have a fantastic reputation for staff retention, engagement and employee satisfaction, they are incredibly passionate about sustainable design, offering a wide array of engineering & sustainability solutions across the globe.
Technical Director (Mechanical) Role Requirements
This role will suit a charismatic, career driven and technically gifted Mechanical building services design engineer with experience of building services design within Data Centres within the UK and ideally overseas.
Previous experience in Data Centre projects is an absolute must for this role (international experience too will be a big plus!), as you will be actively sharing your expert knowledge of mechanical building services design with more junior engineers to support the development of the team.
Candidates must have a proven track record in data centre design, within building services consultancies, be degree qualified and have a huge amount of passion for achieving technical excellence & client satisfaction
Significant experience of specification design for a range of building types along with a strong appreciation & working knowledge of contract and business law is required.
- You will work closely with colleagues of various disciplines to manage the delivery of technically-excellent, profitable projects.
- Through your natural gravitas, you will develop new and nurture existing outstanding client relationships to ensure repeat business, and will use your wealth of expertise and determination to manage, motivate and inspire less experienced engineers.
- The Technical Director (Mechanical Bias) will work in an established & expanding team in London, initially working from home.
- You will take a team management and leadership role in the development and design and coordination of engineering project services, assisting the Directors with Business strategy and management.
- You will play an integral role in supporting the training and development of less experienced team members.
- Given the collaborative and client focused nature of this role, excellent communication skills and experience of using your initiative to overcome challenges are essential.
To apply for this fantastic opportunity, please contact James Mowat, Associate Director of Energi People.
Energi People are a privately owned global multi-disciplinary recruitment consultancy, established in 2002.
We are one of the most experienced and successful recruitment consultancies in the built environment & have successfully helped some of the largest and most technically advanced building construction projects across the world be completed by bringing the best technical people in our industry together. We strive to help companies grow & careers flourish.
Our Building Services consultancy team have in excess of 40 years recruitment experience within building services engineering recruitment within the UK & Internationally, including a previous building services design and project engineer as part of our dedicated, highly skilled & passionate team.