Temporary Facilities Assistant Job, Bath
Temporary Facilities Assistant – URGENT REQUIREMENT
£10-11 per hour
Must be available immediately!
An engineering consultancy based in Bath are looking for a Facilities Assistant to join them on a short-term basis supporting the Facilities Manager and Facilities Coordinator in ad-hoc office duties and administration.
The tasks and responsibilities of the Facilities Assistant are varied but typically include the following:
- Setting up desks, meeting rooms and events then resetting.
- Tidying up and clearing or rooms where needed, ensuring rubbish is removed.
- Checking hand sanitising stations and wiping down used equipment.
- Carrying out any other ad-hoc manual handling tasks; that can be carried out by one person.
- Removal of heavy-duty waste to designated areas and scheduling disposal.
- Keeping Facilities Manager and Facilities Co-ordinator informed of rubbish and recycling collections and agreeing suitable method for disposal and recycling.
- Dealing with facilities related requests from facilities helpdesk within 2 hours and providing a resolution timescale.
- Keeping good records of tasks and managing the prioritisation of jobs.
- Providing regular updates and status of outstanding tasks to Facilities team.
- Checking the stationery supplies inside the cupboards.
- Ordering stocks when they are low, unpacking the deliveries and keeping the cupboards tidy.
- Checking cupboards in the canteen area, tidying up the space and removing unwanted IT.
- Carrying out of other tasks as requested by the Facilities Manager and Facilities Co-ordinator.
- Recording of monthly meter readings for gas, water and electricity.
- Carry out office moves when required (this may involve working out of hours).
Key Skills & Experience
- A good team member
- Able to communicate with staff at all levels
- Self-motivated and able to work on their own initiative
- The ability to deal with third party contractors
- Computer literate
- Knowledge of Health & Safety
- Basic maintenance knowledge
- Prior office and facilities experience
Style & Behaviours
- Professional and organised
- Flexible approach to undertaking tasks
- Proactive and collaborative